Monday, October 14, 2013

A Witches Brew with Want2Scrap and DecoArt

Hello friends!  I'm excited to share my latest Halloween project using Want2Scrap and Deco Art products.

I purchased a great paper mache witches hat from Michael's Craft Store.  First, I painted the hat with Deco Art Dazzling Metalics Black Pearl.  I love the shiny metallic finish it gave to my hat versus a matte finish. Next, I hand cut stars from white craft paper and applied DecoArt Metallic Lustre Gold Rush.  This metallic wax has amazing coverage and is so easy to apply.  I simply used my finger to apply the wax in a circular motion. It dries quickly to a brilliant gold finish. I then applied the stars to my hat with DecoArt Americana Decoupage.  This fast drying adhesive dries clear and adheres completely. 





I created distressed paper flower using a spooky paper collection by Authentique, "Thrilling".  I distressed with Clearsnap Colorbox Ink, attached with a brad, and painted the edges with DecoArt Glamour Dust Gold Glitz Ultra Fine Glitter Paint. I wrapped the base of the hat with Ashland burlap, applied a creepy novelty spider, and stretchy spider web.  I added Authentique "Thrilling" stickers to metal sticks.  For the fabulous bling, I added Want2Scrap Black Rhinestones to the flower centers and Want2Scrap Black Rhinestone Swirls.
 
Thanks so much for checking out today's project. Please visit Want2Scrap and DecoArts for details on purchasing these amazing products.



1 comment:

Jenny Piirto said...

I love this hat! Great ideas here, I think I need to head to Michael's for some paint and paper!