Friday, February 26, 2010

Altered Kiki Art









My hubby, Kevin, and I love to go to auctions. I'm always searching for vintage postcards, photos, and anything I can alter. Last week I got a huge box filled with cigar boxes for $5. I know...someone's junk is my treasure :) I used some fabulous Kiki Art paper (Antologia Jardin collection) and chipboard to alter one of those cigar boxes. I love how it turned out. So distressed, so Springy. I think I'll alter a few others for gift boxes...Easter, Mother's Day, birthday's... I'm looking forward to some crafting time on Sunday. My favorite way to spend a lazy day at home. Enjoy your weekend.

7 comments:

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

oh my goodness, this is so CUTE!!!!!! i love it! xOxO

sarah said...

this is sooooooo neat! love the distressed look to this! :)

hugs,
sarah.

thkelly said...

I just love your style, It's like Funky, Fresh, Retro, Vintage all rolled into one. Love it! Don't you just Love a good Auction! Those are the things I like to bid on, the ones no one wants LOL. Always get Something good in there.

KristinaH said...

I really really like what you did. Reminds me of being a little girl and trying to decorate my pencil box so it would be different from everyone elses!

Thanks for sharing!

~KristinaH

miscanthuscrafts said...

another great project keely! ClareX

Robyn Schaub said...

Great idea to alter a cigar box! Love all the distressing.!

Candy Shoppe Designs said...

This is a beautiful altered box Keely!